The Communication & Administrative Manager provides a variety of responsible, confidential and complex duties for the Associate Dean for Administration and Finance requiring a high degree of independent judgment and initiative. The Communication & Administrative Manager provides support services to the Associate Dean for Administration and Finance in the areas of project management, communication and special projects.f
List of Responsibilities – List and describe responsibilities in order of importance; adding as many as necessary to fully describe the function of this role.
- Serves as a project manager on behalf of the Associate Dean by providing research, troubleshooting, and communicating services for a variety of projects;
- Manages information and communication to internal and external communities. Promotes the Office internally at all communication levels while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality;
- Responsible for drafting and editing documents on behalf of the Associate Dean;
- Researches and gathers information on various issues at the request of the Associate Dean, provides summaries, and prepares reports of findings and recommendations;
- Represents and attends meetings for the Associate Dean as directed. Serves on committees and as a liaison on various projects as assigned;
- Maintains regular communications with departments under the purview of the Associate Dean, including relaying information and directives from the Associate Dean, and obtaining information on projects, and providing updates on new procedures and policies.
- Assists with the coordination of special and highly confidential projects;
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Educational Background – List both the minimum requirement for hire (degrees, licenses, years of experience) and the preferred or optimal background to succeed in this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
- Three (3) years of progressively related professional experience.
Skills and Competencies – Describe the critical skills and proficiencies necessary to succeed in this position (e.g., technical skills, communication / writing skills, etc).
- Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of executives, staff, faculty, students and external constituencies, verbally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, confidentiality and flexibility.
- Strong service orientation.
- Solid analytical skills, including gathering, organizing, and reporting various types of data from disparate sources. Experience analyzing and identifying problems, resolving discrepancies with ability to recommend solutions, contributing effectively to support organizational objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs. Strong computer proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat and web-based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as a part of a collaborative team, to organize, and to establish job priorities to meet deadlines and constantly changing priorities.
- Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally with diverse clientele, campus and system-wide administrators, faculty, staff and students.