The Merchandising Manager reports directly to the SVP of Marketing & Education. This person ensures the integrity of the brand through the implementation and consistent application of store presentation initiatives. This person is also responsible for ensuring strong in store execution and field training on standards and visual strategies. In addition, this person will develop strong cross functional relationships with internal and external business partners.
Please include a portfolio showcasing your design skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop visual merchandising strategies for new product launches and seasonal initiatives, including yearly strategy development and monthly/seasonal execution
- Communicate and follow through on execution of Tester Unit standards and counter set up guidelines
- Forecasting, projecting and ordering of tester & merchandising units and tools through corporate office.
- Facilitate merchandising portion for retailer meetings and new store updates
- Establish and communicate merchandising standards to all Retailers & Regionals & Business Managers
- Resolve store specific merchandising challenges that require adaptations, including counter size, store type, volume, spatial constraints and inventory levels
- Develop solutions for optimizing assortment to maximize presentation and drive sales results
- Manage design and production of graphics for all updates with external vendors, including budget, execution and vendor relationship
- Partner with appropriate corporate contacts on new store design and design update needs
- Support field organization by supporting requests as needed, soliciting feedback regarding store presentations and taking action accordingly
- Responsible for ensuring brand and visual merchandising consistency is upheld in the field, supporting with the development and implementation of field training as needed
- Manage the creation of all visual communications for monthly directives, standards, monthly field conference calls and presentations, etc.
- Develop graphic kits for all updates in partnership with graphic designer
- Participation at corporate meetings for regional sales managers to review visual direction and provide a forum for questions
- Manage yearly visual budget and budget-planning, monthly updates and special projects
- Create and manage data base of store types, visual iterations, and visual elements
- Develop strong cross functional relationships with internal and external business partners to align support for visual merchandising and brand initiatives
- All other duties as assigned
- 2 + years visual merchandising +/or fixture and graphic design experience
- Graphic design and production experience
- Strong fixture-design and rendering skills; must be able to think in 3D
- Proven ability to understand and interpret visual presentation direction
- High level of skill motivating and influencing others, strong training and facilitation skills
- Excellent, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 20%
- Knowledge of graphic design software tools