Office Manager White Plains, NY
The primary responsibilities for this role include managing support staff, ensuring the office runs smoothly, and providing support to one or more of the consulting teams. Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task are critical.
- Assigning primary and alternate administrative support allocations for the office, ensuring that all consulting teams have adequate support
- Finding resources for one-off complex administrative tasks that are often highly confidential and time sensitive.
- Approving overtime and vacation requests; securing backup coverage.
- Reviewing work for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures
- Managing office entertainment and supplies budgets
- On- and off-boarding colleagues, including new hire orientations
- Proofreading proposals, presentations, legal and expert economic reports ensuring quality control
- Creating Office Suite files that adhere to company document standards
- Entering new opportunities, checking conflicts, and locating client and project information using company's database.
- Preparing monthly billing letters
- Planning and booking domestic and international travel; coordinating international visas and ensuring passports are current; preparing detailed itineraries; managing Outlook calendars
- Preparing, reconciling and tracking expense reporting and reimbursement
- Coordinating meetings (internal and external venues) including vendor/AV set up, material preparation, and meal arrangement across multiple time zones
- Three years of experience managing administrative staff; five years of experience providing support in a legal or professional services environment, preferably with a global presence
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent communications and proofreading skills; attention to detail
- Project management experience
- Outstanding client interaction and interpersonal skills
- Good judgement and ability to solve problems independently and discreetly
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to anticipate needs of team members by prioritizing responsibilities and managing schedule changes
- Self-starter with a high-energy team mentality who enjoys a challenging and professional work environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred