This position will assist attorneys in various aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including documentation, due diligence, closing and post-closing activities for real estate acquisitions, dispositions, financings, leasing, development and construction projects and cooperative and condominium unit closings.
• Order and review title commitments, exception documents and surveys, interfacing directly with the title company and surveyor to resolve any issues or discrepancies.
• Administration of contract critical dates and preparation and administration of closing checklists.
• Coordination and assistance with closings, including review and/or preparation of conveyance documents, closing statements, transfer tax forms, mortgage letters and escrow release documentation.
• Attending to post-closing requirements, including preparation of closing indices, the preparation and organization of closing binders, and monitoring post-closing deliveries and requirements.
• Prepare documents for and closing of cooperative and condominium units, including the preparation and filing of RPT forms.
• Prepare clear and concise correspondence and memoranda.
• Prepare initial draft documents for attorney review, including estoppel certificates.
• Prepare and review lease and loan abstracts.
• Attend to LLC, partnership, corporations, and order authority documents.
• Prepare and file UCC financing statements.
• Order UCC lien searches and prepare summaries of lien search results.
• Coordinate recording of record documents in various counties and states.
• Prepare letters of direction.
• Prepare document exhibits and assist with document assembly.
• Research state and local transfer tax, recording and document execution obligations and requirements.
• Bachelors degree.
• 5 years of previous experience in commercial and residential real estate transactions/closings, including experience with acquisitions, dispositions, financings, leasing, construction and development preferred.
• Notary Public license.