JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position is a working management position. In addition to the responsibilities listed below, the manager will perform daily tasks and transactions but not limited to in support of shipping, receiving, and releasing materials
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing shipping activities
- Organize and assign work: instruct, guide and otherwise assist employees in warehouse
- Select freight carrier based on load info and delivery requirements. Determine best and most economical method of transport available to facilitate delivery of product to consignee
- Contact carriers to coordinate freight pick-up, providing all load info. Track shipments through to delivery, as required.
- Prepares warehouse storage layout plans
- Takes and oversees regular or special physical inventories as directed
- Instructs and trains personnel to perform work assignments efficiently and effectively
- Work with Sales department with scheduling shipments
- Support all departments when receiving and delivering packages
- Verifies items received/being shipped by checking information, Inspecting condition of items, compare and count/measure against packing list
- Operate motorized/manual material handling equipment
- Communicate daily with team members and management about operational procedure
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; Logistics, Business, Engineering Technical/Functional Skills
- Ability to use technology to streamline procedures and tasks.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft NAV a plus
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to operate forklift
- Ability to support overtime work hours when required