We are currently seeking a full-time Ultrasound Sonographer in the OB/GYN/Perinatology department for our sites in Westchester County. The scheduled hours for this position is Monday - Friday: 8am - 4:30pm and occasional Saturdays.
- Assists the physicians in executing optimum quality ultrasound exams as per the AIUM protocols in a timely efficient manor while obtaining images that support that the diagnosis documented by the interpreting MD.
- Obtains essential information from patients, medical records and previous exams for clinical correlation.
- Performs ultrasound scans and provides direct patient care as needed after proper confirmation of study and patient identification.
- Effectively communicates differentials to interpreting physicians.
- Generates accurate computerized reports for the physicians’ review.
- Upon completion of the ultrasound exam, verifying proper documentation in ultrasound reporting system.
- Ensures that each assigned room is properly stocked and is prepared for smooth daily patient flow.
- Assists with all aspects of sterile ultrasound guided procedures as directed by the interpreting MD. Prepares the necessary supplies and paperwork to support the physician for sterile procedures.
- Observes and follows safety procedures including universal precautions. Maintains proper HIPPA compliance while maintaining a familiarity to any changes regarding technology and the safety for self, patients and visitors.
- Operates the equipment to acquire a variety of imaging results, reports deficiencies to the proper personnel for rectification of any concerns.
- Reviews work schedule with Ultrasound Coordinator to assure workload coverage. Assists with back-up coverage for any unscheduled PTO call outs.
- Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
- Active Registry by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS)
- Minimum of 2 years in General/OB/GYN/High Risk ultrasound experience required
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Travels to all sites (OB/GYN General/High Risk) to provide coverage when needed